Rolling Stone magazine has released a statement in response to the divorce of its artist Rolling Stone cover artist Adam Lambert.
“After more than 10 years of marriage, Adam and I filed for divorce last week,” it reads.
Read more: “The parties have decided that the divorce is the best outcome for both parties.”
The artist has been at the centre of a social media storm after he wrote about the divorce and publicly supported Donald Trump.
“I can only imagine what he must have been thinking as he wrote the article about his separation and then went on to defend Mr Trump,” the statement says.
Lambert said the article had been taken out of context.
“It was a joke.
I meant no offense to Mr Trump, he has never asked me for money, I am not even in the country, and the article was intended to be funny and in jest,” he said in a statement.
But the statement by Rolling Stone, which has had its Australian publisher, Mercury, remove it, did not address why the magazine would take the issue out of the article.
In a statement on the issue on Friday, Rolling Stone’s publisher said: “Rolling Stones editor-in-chief, Jim Rash, and chief operating officer, David Gerrold, are aware of the situation involving Adam Lambert and have spoken with him to express their strong concern for his well-being.”
The article, ‘Adam and the Rolling Stones: What Went Wrong?’ was published in the fall of 2016.
“As a result of the incident, Adam was removed from Rolling Stone publications and the company is taking appropriate action to prevent further harm.”
The company did not respond to a request for comment.